It’s important for businesses to keep their customers informed of their open hours, especially when there’s an unexpected change to the schedule. If your callers encounter a welcome message when they call your office, you’ll appreciate our Custom Schedules and Holiday Schedules business phone features.
Both features are temporary messages that override your normal everyday message until a set day or time and both can be set in place with nothing more than a quick call to VoiceOnyx.
Replace Your Everyday Greeting With Custom Or Holiday Schedules
The custom schedules feature works by routing calls based on time frames. It is often used to handle multiple shifts, lunch breaks, after hours emergencies, voicemail options, or switch between open and closed greetings.
Custom schedules can be used anytime you want to change your voicemail greeting temporarily. They can be set up to run on any day (or every day!) or just on special days like weekends or holidays. There is no need for you to manually switch over to the alternate greeting once the schedule has been set. It is all handled automatically.
How It Works
Custom schedules and holiday schedules are part of our managed phone service. All you need to do is contact us and say, “Hi, I need to create a custom schedule for….” From there, it is a simple matter for VoiceOnyx to set the schedule and make the change. The change can be made with literally the click of a button.
Holiday schedules work the same way, except VoiceOnyx will contact you ahead of the holiday to find out if you’d like to be switched over to the temporary greeting. We’ll even send you a preview of the greeting to help you decide. Custom schedules are initiated by the client; holiday schedules are initiated by VoiceOnyx.
Convenience features of both holiday and custom schedules:
- Recording Options. You have the option of using a generic pre-recorded greeting or creating a custom professionally recorded greeting.
- Priority based scheduling. The schedules are priority based. That means your normal greeting will run except for the times that we specifically tell it not to. Once the specified time/date/event has passed, the system automatically reverts to your normal greeting.
- Call Forwarding. You decide where calls are sent: voicemail, a different extension, a cell phone, etc.
- Short Turnaround Times. Schedules can be created very quickly, within minutes of speaking with a VoiceOnyx team member. Perfect for last-minute closures or hours changes.
- Included Service. Custom schedules and holiday schedules are included as part of your managed phone service with VoiceOnyx. It’s just one more way that we differentiate ourselves from other providers!
Visit VoiceOnyx at www.voiceonyx.com to learn more about our business phone features or call us at 407-401-8588 to get started with a custom schedule!