I know. I lived on the outskirts.
Lakeland, back in 2015, saw that they were becoming one of the largest destinations for business growth in within the state of Florida. This number continues to rise due to several factors:
- Rent and mortgage prices are cheaper than Orlando & Tampa
- A constant stream of businesses has created a great job market
- Median household income is on a steady rise
- House affordability is within the top 200 of the country
These factors have turned Lakeland into a great location to set up shop and do business. Coincidently enough, because of its position and standing in the state of Florida, Lakeland is a popular in-between for those targeting tourist destinations (like Orlando) and growing cities (like Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater).
At the forefront of it all has been one driving factor: The business call centers and technologies present in Lakeland, FL.
Businesses within the area typically radiate their business calls through a few providers including Frontier and Charter Communications.
However, a new player is in town
And it goes by the name of VoiceOnyx.
Lakeland businesses should already know the power of a great phone call seeing that it gives the business an opportunity to really make a connection with leads, prospects, and customers.
Voice is still as powerful as ever.
The right system, especially considering a VOIP system for business calls, is the leading trend to maximize the business efforts into using phone calls for customer support, sales, and marketing.
However, we have lost much of the art of making business calls throughout the years because so much of our communication has switched to email and social media.
This article will take it all back. It will show how business calls are still a major driving force for business — especially around Lakeland as it continues to grow and make its mark on Florida, as a whole.
Mastering the Inbound Business Call
Inbound calls have traditionally been a catch-all when it comes to handling customer inquiries, sales, and the like.
Businesses tended to leave this duty to a person (or a few) to take care of business but often just enough to stop any major issues — basically: doing an inbound call as a customer didn’t get you much.
Things have changed.
Businesses have caught on to the importance of an inbound call especially considering that so many people use the Net to do business. It’s not frequent that a person may call.
Creating a less-than-pleasurable experience on the phone often turned off the person from coming back to the brand (and site) all-together.
You must treat the inbound business call with the utmost professionalism:
- Customer service reps need to have a system when handling calls including the greeting, engagement, presentation, and reinforcement.
- Direct callers to additional resources which can be learned at their leisure to avoid wasting time during the interaction.
- Being proactive in the sales funnel but without the aggression; leading the caller from uncertainty to confidence via facts and a twinge of emotional connection to create excitement and a sense of urgency.
- Keeping calm no matter how irate the individual may become over the phone; the idea that the customer is always right.
Mastering the inbound business call can be done through recording conversations and building a step-by-step approach for employees handling the calls.
The best way to do this is through VOIP and CRM systems which allow you to record the inbound callers and take notes which can be later pulled up and utilized to further the conversation.
Popular CRM systems include:
These services can be easily paired with VOIP services, like those offered through VoiceOnyx.
At the end of the day — inbound business calls need to be this: enjoyable.
Base your inbound around how you, personally, would want others to treat you and you’ll do better than half the businesses already operating in the Lakeland area.
On the other end of the spectrum: What about the outbound?
Perfecting the Outbound Business Call
Lakeland grows each year. The opportunity is ripe for those seeking new job/career opportunities along with those wanting to start successful businesses.
The taxes, home rates, and proximity to major tourist destinations and cities make it prime for something great. All that’s needed is some sweat equity.
Perfecting the outbound business call will always be a battle because markets change and employee skills will vary. However, best practices are in place because business calls have been a staple for growth for many decades.
Here are some of the ways to make business calls work for you:
- Find the goals and collect the data from other marketing campaigns so that you may align the cold & warm business calls to the research you’ve already completed and a starting point you already have.
- Verify the contact information so you’re not wasting your time calling to dead phone lines or reaching the wrong person.
- Develop and refine an elevator pitch. You have just a few moments to convey your message before someone decides if they’ll hang up or keep listening. Use your business data as a basis but also test it on a variety of individuals until you find a pitch that generates interest across the board.
- Hit them with a statistic, promise, or guarantee that will be beneficial to their personal wellbeing or business growth — skip the fluff and talk hard numbers. If you’re able to deliver growth and sales then you’ll already catch their attention. Hammer it home that your business is the one to work with to see the returns.
- Schedule a follow-up so they’re able to sit on the idea and feel a sense of urgency to start with your products/services. Light a fire under them. Get them interested and itching to do business.
- Always thank the individual for their time even if they reject you outright but angle it in a way where they may feel guilty enough to continue listening or schedule a follow-up. It’s a little manipulative but that’s just the nature of business calls.
Considering the Lakeland area
You’re in for a treat.
Lakeland has a lot of great businesses but they haven’t quite perfected the inbound and outbound business calls. There is a prime spot for a business to step in and really dominate the market and industries.
This will likely happen through VOIP business calls.
The combination of the technology and integration with other SaaS services is a game changer. The price is perfect. The flexibility is incredible. The reliability is all there.
Which brings us to this section…
What VOIP Can do for Your Business Calls
VOIP takes the traditional phone systems and kicks them to the curb.
Traditional phone systems are rather clunky in the current age when so many of us already have smartphones, tablets, and workstations which can handle any number of communications.
It made sense to transition to an internet-based system.
The benefits are quite clear when using VOIP for business calls:
The price of a VOIP system is incredibly low compared to a traditional phone system because often the only thing required is a headset and configuration of the business numbers (through the VOIP services).
This means that any workstation, smartphone, or mobile-ready device can become a contact point from customer to customer service representative.
These services are often bundled with the hardware and can be divided out through a subscription service versus a large up-front financial sink that comes with traditional systems.
If you have internet access… you will have a connection to your phone system. It’s as simple as that.
You can set up in-office or connect remotely through the VOIP services. It means there’s no longer a need to be stuck in a single location or on a time clock considering business goes on 24/7.
The built-in network monitoring through VOIP services with VoiceOnyx also helps ensure the connection stays stable regardless of what piece of hardware you happen to be using to make your business calls.
A VOIP system has many features already built-in without having to fiddle with complex key presses found on physical hardware:
- Do not disturb
- Call screening
The flexibility of these VOIP systems goes a long way when making business calls. Data collected can be formed into actionable reports — something that’s not easily done when using a basic phone system.
Just think of how powerful it would be to implement features like these into a business environment when other businesses in Lakeland are still using outdated systems and strategies.
We’re Inviting You!
The big players in the market space for VOIP (Charter and Frontier) certainly do a great job but often lost in the business is the personal touch and being able to reach out to someone local.
That’s where we step in.
VoiceOnyx is proud to be present within the Lakeland area to help businesses make the transition to VOIP phone systems.
Our plans are fierce and competitive. You won’t find greater flexibility in a VOIP phone system than what we have to offer:
- No setup or installation fees
- Unlimited calling
- Unlimited inbound tool free
- No term contracts
- Money back guarantee
- Professionally recorded greetings
- Unlimited conferencing
And over 101+ features from vanity numbers to multiple voicemail folders, virtual extensions, and call reporting, to auto divert and more! Browse our features and see what we can do to improve your business calls and services.
Lakeland, get ready! A new game changer for business phone systems is in town.