VoiceOnyx is a small business phone service provider that is very popular throughout Florida. The VoIP service provider offers its clients over 101 free features to help them run operations smoothly.
Business owners enjoy using VoiceOnyx’s Escape from Call Queue feature which ensures callers are not kept on hold for an indefinite amount of time.
When a caller rings in a call center, eventually someone picks up. Right? Not always. Sometimes, callers are routed to a call queue and end up waiting indefinitely. Either the number is no longer in service or the business is closed.
The Escape from Call Queue feature controls the callers’ maximum wait time and redirects them to another preconfigured destination.
Maximum Wait Time in Call Queue
It is possible for you to configure the maximum wait time for someone to be kept on hold until they are redirected to another destination.
Let’s take a look at some concerns you may have.
- Do you think it is unacceptable for your callers to wait longer than one minute when they are calling an emergency line?
- Do you think it reflects poorly on your business for your callers to be kept on hold for more than five minutes?
- Do you fear losing potential sales if your callers were to be kept on hold indefinitely?
The Escape from Call Queue feature allows you to decide where to route callers after they’ve waited long enough.
Let’s take a look at a few questions you might be asking yourself.
- Should they be routed to a voicemail? Redirected to the receptionist?
- Would you prefer to use a pre-recorded message to tell your callers to dial back at another time?
- Would you like the call to be sent to you directly?
“All these options are completely customizable,” confirms Joseph Phillips, Technician at VoiceOnyx. “Just tell us how you’d like the caller to be routed and we’ll make it happen.”
Who Uses the Escape From Call Queue Feature?
“Most call centers and radio stations use the Escape from Call Queue feature,” admits Joseph.
- Certain Call Centers: Typically, they do not run 24/7 and play a pre-recorded message asking callers to dial back the next day.
- Radio Stations: Often, they run contests and people dial in the number hoping to win. It is only fair to elegantly end the phone call with a pre-recorded message stating another winner was chosen.
Sometimes, Front Desk Receptionists receive an above-average call influx. Callers are then invited to leave a voicemail after they’ve waited long enough on hold.
The Escape from Call Queue is an important feature that helps numerous small businesses to manage incoming calls. Many business owners already use this automated feature to take care of their customers.